8.28.2011

A.M. Thoughts

Man, why is it that for some, an admittance of guilty or fault just isn't enough? If it's not enough to have to swallow your pride and admit such things, there is always that one individual in your life that just has to put their two cents in, and it's always negative.
Prime example, I worked a double shift yesterday and got into some shit afterwards, which brought me home around 2 A.M. I fucked around and overslept, had to swallow my pride and ask my father for a ride to work. Now, alongside his reply of "yes" he bad to throw in the fact that my decision to stay out late was irresponsible. I'm just thinking dude, "WTF ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all"? I mean fuck dude, I can't remember the last time this man said ANYTHING positive to me. Is a little positive reinforcement too much to ask for? I realize that I'm almost 23 years old and such things may seem immature, but for a hard working person such as myself, I would appreciate the slightest bit of positive commentary from my own fucking father. But nahh, that's too much to ask for.
Then to top it all off, the man has the nerve to press the issue of me not rushing to move out. Are you fucking kidding me? I deal with enough negativity and what not from outside sources, and the thought of living here longer than necessary & subjecting myself to that shit .. unbearable.
I love my family, but I just don't fit in with them at all. They're ao closed minded it annoys the fuck outta me. Right now I'm doing everything in my power to refrain from speaking out because in this house it causes nothing but problems. This shit is just not good for me. The memories that this beautiful house have left me with and continue to produce are simply too much for me.
Not only do I work my ass off, I have to tip toe around this house to protect my blessing of having this opportunity & my sanity. The shit is ridiculous.

"& I remain calm reading the 73rd Pslam, because with all that's goin on I get the world in my arms" - Lauryn Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment