12.12.2013

glue.

decorating my walls with impressions of my fists in remembrance of your face has been a recurring thought for some time now.

but i cant blame you for the impact you made on me, only the impression you left with me. i fell in love with the idea of love because at the time, it was what i thought i needed. words of my mother echo in my head, "you have to love yourself before you can love anybody else. do you love yourself, ashley? or is this a facade? be happy baby. momma loves you either way."

i treated you like a replacement for her, drawn from the lust that we once shared and your impeccable timing. i fell so hard and so fast. your empty promises tasted so good with my emptiness. i was so weak that i thought your intentions were pure, when in reality they were just as selfish as my own. its been nearly a year since i aided you in the shattering of my heart, but dont feel bad. my heart was already in pieces when you found it. i was fool for thinking you were the glue. its true. you shouldve just left me where you found me.

i am my glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment