2.20.2014

"They" got me fckd up.

Who is they?
For as long as I can remember, I've heard people say, "You know what they say".
Well who the fuck is "they"?!
Whoever the fuck "they" is got me fucked up! 
"They" don't fuckin know me. My convictions. My passion. My vices. My LIFE.
A gentleman said to me today, "I know a rich woman when I see one!" I replied, "Oh I'm not rich with money love, just confidence." He then replied, "See I knew you were rich with something."
I haven't made all of the right decisions in my short 25 years of life, but it one way or another, sooner or later, I've learned from every last one of them, whether it be deciding to go to one restaurant or the other. I made the most mistakes when I listened to "them". Thinking that these prehistoric, politically correct concepts were actually legitimate. Pshht.
These people don't know me. 99.9% of the people in my state, let alone this country or on this planet, have not even an inkling of my existence. 
All I'm sayin is, my parents always taught me to be an individual. Independent. Strong in your convictions. "Speak now or forever hold your peace" my father would always say. He never told me I should only do that in moderation. 
I don't believe that all humans were meant to be friendly with one another, it's never been that way. I don't know why there's this cushy pillow of fantasy chillin under this issue, but whatever. I shouldn't have to be like you for to like me. That is a total crock of shit.
We won't always be able to appease the people that we come into contact with. I had to learn that it is far more expensive to be delusional than to be yourself in this world.
So, I just wanna say, what you eat don't make me shit. I don't fit a mold. Don't try and convince me I'm doing something wrong while I still have breath in my body and a place in this world. Apparently I'm doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment